Saturday, February 20, 2010

Turn Table For Flower Arrangements Etiquette Question, For Dinner. Please Help?

Etiquette question, for dinner. Please help? - turn table for flower arrangements

The best friend of my wife is 35, while her husband invited us to celebrate, with 5 other couples for dinner. Great, could use a night without the kids! Just a little background is a lawyer, she is a teacher in LI. Together, they have to make at least $ 250,000 or more than two units of BMW, childless and living in a low income (rental 1800) It is not expensive and seem to have any mortgage.

When we arrived, the table was a beautiful landscape, flowers, champagne, etc..

Thus, the food is good, and finally the man gets the bill pays off his credit card, and announces to all "if anyone wants to chip in hospital I did not end Do not hesitate." AnnouncementVISCOUNT $ 40 per couple is enough to help.

We all look surprised. I mean, WTF? They invite us to dinner, he chose the restaurant, made all the arrangements that we have bought all the presents for them, most couples who had to pay a babysitter and then asking for money?

Of course, he has said nothing to him that night, but I was rant and broke into the house with the car.
I was totally shocked! This was not the money or the money that was the most important of the situation.

Am I respond, it's just me, or was completely out of line? My wife agrees in most cases, but he said that to reassure you. Unfortunately, we do not know the other couples, and use your mind about him. I'm still angry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment